Tuesday, April 13, 2010

He Covers Me, Today

I am doing errands this morning. It is not remarkable, and not even close to heroic. Even in these small tasks I need the covering of the Lord. Perhaps, it is because I prove each day that I can mess up anywhere. Can I get a witness?

I just don't want to miss out on Him. I don't want to miss a thing that He does, today. Because of this, I have to rely on Him to do everything.

This morning, during my prayer time, I wrote,

Today, cover the work of my hands.

Cover the thoughts in my head.

Cover the movings of my heart.

Cover the blindness of my choice.

Cover the cruelty of my flesh.

Cover the words from my mouth.Cover the direction of my feet.

Cover the safety of my path.

Cover this woman from the influences of this world.

Cover me with your word, your Spirit and your love.

Cover me, today.

Today, is all that I am expected to accomplish. This moment is all that I am expected to live in. Getting dog food and groceries is no less of a spiritual course than the rest of humanity. Today, this is my task and I have to trust in the only One who can cover me.

3 comments:

  1. Tracy. Amen to that, girl. What a way you have with words. I pray protection over my family each and every day because, as you stated, there is really not a time in this fallen world that we inhabit that we don't need the coverage. Beautiful words, wonderful picture, amazing post. What a gift you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy. Amen to that, girl. What a way you have with words. I pray protection over my family each and every day because, as you stated, there is really not a time in this fallen world that we inhabit that we don't need the coverage. Beautiful words, wonderful picture, amazing post. What a gift you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful your thoughts and words are. I love that Tracy. Cover Us our God.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to share what is on your mind.
-TJK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin