Thursday, March 25, 2010

Looking Beyond Strife and Toward Life In The Lord {at Exemplify}

Today I am headed to a Beth Moore event with some ladies from my church. As you can imagine I am pretty excited. I got my mani/pedi. I shopped for some new clothes. It is like a mini-vacation for me. Most importantly, I got a new pen so I can write with the speed of light.

This means that I will be blogging from the road, tomorrow. I love blogging from the road. It feels like I am a foreign correspondent.

Today I am over at Exemplify. This is kind of a sad post because it will be my last post as a regular devotional channel writer. I am going to be writing for Exemplify's online magazine starting in April. If you have not had a chance to read the magazine, it is a must for any real Christian woman.

So the teaser for my last devotional post goes something like this,

...This makes me think of the spider that lives outside my kitchen window. He impressively weaves the web of his home across one corner. As I do dishes, I see his new conquests and wonder if I should tear His operation down, just to save the life of one more, unwanted by both of us.

The temptation that must exist in that net! They come one after the last, straight in peril’s way, each one demonstrating the first act of realized captivity, flight.

Intuitively, we fight the predator in this way. When I am bound in the net, I fight with everything in me. The net seduces my fleshly rights. The more that I fight, the quicker my feet slip through the gaps, and the rope wraps itself in knots around my limbs...

To read more, click here and go to Exemplify's Devotional Channel.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have you on the magazine team.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time at the Beth Moore event.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to share what is on your mind.
-TJK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin