Friday, October 16, 2009

Simple Words on a Friday

I write this short, little word to you today,

a) because it has been a spiritually crazy week, with lots of things for me to sort out before I throw them at you

b) because I have done more this week physically than any other week since my back surgery, and I am tired but feeling good (woohoo!)

c) because I am a little fussy about the fact that we will have temperatures almost reaching 100 degrees this weekend…again (isn't it fall somewhere?)

d) because my air conditioning broke again and it is going to be almost 100 degrees this weekend (I will not lose it like I did over the dishwasher, promise)

e) because, don’t we all want a break going into the weekend?

So, I was reading this verse this morning.

This has happened to me three times in the last two days, so I want to share…

Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Matthew 21:22, NRSV)

Asking things that are in line with God’s will and commands, should be like asking a bird to fly. It is a given. The tipping point is my faith. Do I believe that God is who He says He is? Do I believe that He is capable of all things, including changing my feelings about my circumstance?

It is a wonderful comfort to me when I see God reciprocate in this way. He cares about all of my little things, as well as the big, reassuring me of His nearness.

So, this weekend, if you have a request, ask knowing that the Lord desires to give you His best.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to share what is on your mind.
-TJK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin