Friday, February 26, 2010

CR: 25 Random Things In My Head This Morning

It is Friday, which means a little Caffeinated Randomness with Andrea over at Under Grace and Over Coffee. She is doing 25 random things about yourself. I am doing 25 Random Thoughts In My Head This Morning. She just brings these things out in me. I can’t explain it.

1. Where did the days of Easter dresses go? Last one, maybe eight years ago. Tragic.

2. I love being a bookworm. The smell of books, the weight of books.

3. I also like being a PRS worm. My husband bought it for me when I graduated from seminary. It is inscribed, “Congratulations, I love you”. Yummy.

4. This morning Proverbs 14:1, NRSV, taught me, “The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands.” Amen and Amen.

5. The coolest thing that I read this morning, “We are a body knit together as such by a common religious profession, by unity of discipline, and by the bond of a common hope. We meet together as an assembly and congregation, that, offering up prayer to God as with united force, we may wrestle with Him in our supplications. This violence God delights in.” (Ante-Nicene Fathers: Volume III: Chapter XXXIX)

6. I love comfort food. Mac n Cheese, Baby.

7. Hallelujah, the day is coming, when our Savior stood up. He walked away.

8. In another life, I might have been a nun. Maybe, if my husband wasn't around.

9. I have been given a job, and an Advocate.

10. Wasn’t I supposed to do a pedicure two weeks ago?

11. Is it healthy for my knees to make that much noise?

12. Maggie is being tested for ringworm. God protect the rest of us! (Ringworm, not a worm, a fungus, silly name, just as bad)

13. Jesus does not have a pleasant story.

14. I love my new camera! Thanks, Babe.

This was yesterday in the backyard, 68 degrees, beautiful!

15. Logos rocks my world, but not on the Mac. Every day I shake my head and await the update!

16. I’m free.

17. Exercise is looming. I see my treadmill winking at me. Don’t flirt with me. I am not in the mood, yet.

Picture that I snapped of myself from the back the other day...Really, ok, Not Really.

18. This week I received my TANAKH in the mail. Awesome.

19. My favorite Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, quote from this week, “no matter how men may treat me, they will never treat me with the spite and hatred with which I treated Jesus Christ”.(2.23)

20. I wonder what we will find on Sam’s ultrasound, Monday morning.

21. 25 is a lot of things to think about.

22. I told the senior high girls that if they did not want to fast from something during Lent, they could add something to bring them closer to the heart of God. I have added something and it is changing my prayer life. I will share soon. I wonder if they are doing it?

23. FYI, the Zondervan New and Old Testament Charts are great cheat sheets.

24. I haven’t written all of my thank you cards from Christmas. What kind of a person does that?

25. Thank you, Lord, for each person that visits this blog. Protect them and show them You in a personal and unmistakable way today. Amen.

Have a great weekend! Comment and let me know some of your random thoughts.

8 comments:

  1. my treadmill would wink if it hadn't thrown me off last week and died! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac and cheese. Yum. I had to stop looking at the Pioneer Woman's site this morning because of her photos of mac and cheese. I know what I am adding to the grocery list today :)

    I have a Tanakh too. I also use my Key Word Bible. I am fascinated by Hebrew. And Judaism.

    I like your 25 things.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't written ANY thank you cards. So at least you're better than me! And I was just thinking that about Easter dresses not too long ago - my girls don't want them anymore. It makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, so much of what you wrote reminded me of me (well, except the nun part - we differ there though I have an enormous respect for nuns). What struck the biggest chord was the thank you note comment - I am the kind of person that does that because though I used to be so good, I am now HORRID HORRID with writing them. It's embarrassing and I know it's just plain bad manners but well...I'm doing the best I can.

    Loved learning more about you - I didn't realize you had gone to seminary and didn't know you worked with youth. I know you are touching them in amazing ways - your spirit is such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well my last post was pretty random...thought while on a run last night. No, I'm not planning on going to see Beth in Tuscon. (I think it was you that asked). I actually didn't know she'd be coming. Have a great weekend. Loving this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just asking my husband about Easter dresses. They are a big deal in NY but I haven't noticed too many here. Which is odd considering church is way more popular here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you write thank you notes for Christmas! How sweet are you! And I love easter dresses. I just hope I can fit into one by then : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved learning more about you and your thoughts. I am seriously wishing I had some of that Mac 'n Cheese right now. It looks so yummy.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to share what is on your mind.
-TJK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin