Friday, July 31, 2009

VBS Final Day

This is the last post of VBS week. I have really had so much fun and God has proved Himself sovereign to me, once more. Despite our imperfect ways, knowledge and stumbling tongues, He has glorified Himself.

How great that none of my efforts can thwart God's will. The Great Commission is really all about our willingness to open our mouths. He will give the words. He wanted those kids and this week He took them for Himself, for His sake. It was so amazing to watch.

I almost saw the moment that the Holy Spirit made Himself known to one little girl. I just saw her face change in front of my eyes. She accepted the Lord and she will be baptized. That was my gift this week. There were five others that made commitments.

Today I was tearing down and honestly, I was a little bit sad. I know that God will give me another little nugget of Him, but I will be sad to see this one go. I had one goal, that our efforts would be God honoring. I think that they were. We loved on them and told them about Jesus. That is pretty good for one week.

I would not have been capable of this several years ago. I love to do new things and see how God has changed me, without my knowledge. I am sure that this was one of those things that was as much for me as for them.

I was also able to teach alongside some of the high school girls in my discipleship group. What a wonderful way to build relationships, doing ministry side by side. That is another great thing that has come out of this week. I love to see God's people working together, and enjoying it.

So, we will put the curtains down, the Egyptian archway entrance, the homemade Mt. Sinai complete with clouds, lightening bolt and the Ten Commandment tablets, and wait to see what happens when God calls the little children to Himself next year.

In the meantime, thank you Father for giving me an idea how I should come to you...like a child. I hope that it is one of the quieter ones, but any of them would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to share what is on your mind.
-TJK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin