Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Superior Scribbler Award

I have met a wonderful girl through this blogging thing. Her name is Victoria. She is also my immediate boss/editor/girlfriend over at Exemplify. FYI, Exemplify is doing a make over this week, so next week is going to be the grand unveiling. I cannot wait to see what it looks like!

You will find me on the Exemplify Devotional channel next week; but, more to come on that.

Anyway, Victoria has put a smile on my face. Last week she gave me a blog award, my very first. I SO appreciate her sweet encouragement. She is a fellow blogger over at, Let the Son Shine. Her poetry, her pictures, her obsession with Duran Duran, her spirit…she is the real deal. She is wife, mom, daughter of the King, comforter (she takes care of me!) and authentic woman of God.

Victoria, thank you.

From blogging, I have learned what it means to be steadfast in a calling. I would not be doing this if my husband had not told me several times to stay the course. Yes, babe, you were right.

So, Dwight, thank you.

Here it is:

Of course, as with every Bloggy Award, there are A Few Rules. They are, forthwith:

1) Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

2) Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.

3) Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.

4) Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

5) Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

I am a rule follower, so I would like to award some of my bloggy friends. I hate for people to be left out, so this is, potentially, the hardest thing that I have ever posted. I can’t believe it has taken me this long to write. So, I hope that it encourages you, also. In no order,

1. Your Word is Life To Me, is a picture of real faith. Here you can find Dori’s thoughts on God’s word and working through everyday life. I think that we share a love for scripture and I find this in her posts. So, thank you, Dori.

2. I am going to use one of Victoria’s. I just love Faith Imagined. Alisa talks about everything from slugs to Starbucks. She has a wonderful way of writing that brings you right back around to the feet of Jesus. Thank you, Alisa.

3. Ordinary Inspirations for the Everyday Wife, Mom & Homemaker is one that I pop by frequently. I love the way Traci talks about her kids, and I love her heart for God. She is so blog-generous. She is willing to pull people up with her and I love that spirit. Thank you, Traci. What a great name!

4. A new-to-me find is {this} restless heart. I never know what I will find in Kelly’s world, but I see a real woman with a love for the word and all words. She crafts her posts, delicately. Thank you, Kelly.

5. Now I am stealing from Christy, over at Critty Joy. She awarded the Exemplify blog ladies, and I also love those who post at Exemplify. They constantly challenge me and point me back to the cross. I enjoy them tremendously. Thank you, ladies.

2 comments:

  1. wow - thank you, both for the award, and for visiting my blog! You're so sweet!

    Looking forward to getting to know you better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this? I love you and can't wait to check out some of the ladies you learn from! Dori so rocks...and yes, Duran Duran--they rock, too!

    Loving getting to know you and so laughing at that whole being your boss business!

    Seacrest Out,
    Victoria

    {the great sign off hunt continues}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to share what is on your mind.
-TJK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin