It is Friday, which means a little Caffeinated Randomness with Andrea over at Under Grace and Over Coffee. She is doing 25 random things about yourself. I am doing 25 Random Thoughts In My Head This Morning. She just brings these things out in me. I can’t explain it.
1. Where did the days of Easter dresses go? Last one, maybe eight years ago. Tragic.
2. I love being a bookworm. The smell of books, the weight of books.
3. I also like being a PRS worm. My husband bought it for me when I graduated from seminary. It is inscribed, “Congratulations, I love you”. Yummy.
4. This morning Proverbs 14:1, NRSV, taught me, “The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands.” Amen and Amen.
5. The coolest thing that I read this morning, “We are a body knit together as such by a common religious profession, by unity of discipline, and by the bond of a common hope. We meet together as an assembly and congregation, that, offering up prayer to God as with united force, we may wrestle with Him in our supplications. This violence God delights in.” (Ante-Nicene Fathers: Volume III: Chapter XXXIX)
6. I love comfort food. Mac n Cheese, Baby.
7. Hallelujah, the day is coming, when our Savior stood up. He walked away.
8. In another life, I might have been a nun. Maybe, if my husband wasn't around.
9. I have been given a job, and an Advocate.
10. Wasn’t I supposed to do a pedicure two weeks ago?
11. Is it healthy for my knees to make that much noise?
12. Maggie is being tested for ringworm. God protect the rest of us! (Ringworm, not a worm, a fungus, silly name, just as bad)
13. Jesus does not have a pleasant story.
14. I love my new camera! Thanks, Babe.
15. Logos rocks my world, but not on the Mac. Every day I shake my head and await the update!
16. I’m free.
17. Exercise is looming. I see my treadmill winking at me. Don’t flirt with me. I am not in the mood, yet.
18. This week I received my TANAKH in the mail. Awesome.
19. My favorite Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, quote from this week, “no matter how men may treat me, they will never treat me with the spite and hatred with which I treated Jesus Christ”.(2.23)
20. I wonder what we will find on Sam’s ultrasound, Monday morning.
21. 25 is a lot of things to think about.
22. I told the senior high girls that if they did not want to fast from something during Lent, they could add something to bring them closer to the heart of God. I have added something and it is changing my prayer life. I will share soon. I wonder if they are doing it?
24. I haven’t written all of my thank you cards from Christmas. What kind of a person does that?
25. Thank you, Lord, for each person that visits this blog. Protect them and show them You in a personal and unmistakable way today. Amen.