Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sitting By The Roadside, In My Living Room

Building on our discussion, yesterday…

This morning I ran across this,

As they were leaving Jericho, a large crowd followed him. There were two blind men sitting by the roadside. When they heard that Jesus was passing by, they shouted, “Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!” The crowd sternly ordered them to be quiet; but they shouted even more loudly, “Have mercy on us, Lord, Son of David!” Jesus stood still and called them, saying, “What do you want me to do for you?” They said to him, “Lord, let our eyes be opened.” Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes. Immediately they regained their sight and followed him. – Matthew 20:29-34, NRSV

Old Road From Jericho to Jerusalem, Israel

I was so inspired by these verses.

Cry out

Call Him by name

Ask Him for mercy

Listen to Him asking what I need

Ask Him to open my eyes

See His compassion

Wait for His touch

Know that He can do for me what he did in Jericho 2000 years ago

I sat in my living room, calling out for His attention as if He was passing on a road in front of me and I could not miss this opportunity. My life depended on it. I called to Him for mercy, my Father, my Savior.

I need to be free from the lies of the enemy that mentally shackle me. Lord, open my eyes to see the truth. He heard me because of who He is. He knows the urgency of my request. I sat and waited.

I know that He is working in me to free me from untruth, and opposition from the enemy. This is what Jesus does. He frees His people.

Thank you, Father.

Does pride keep us from crying out like our life depended on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to share what is on your mind.
-TJK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin