Monday, November 30, 2009

AWOL With A Psalm

I have been AWOL.

In fact, I did not look at my email for four days. FOUR DAYS! Some of you shudder at the thought. Let me tell you, ladies, I had my husband to myself for four days. It was awesome and well worth it.

I will have to remember that the world did just fine without my typing.

I am going to post some pictures of what we were up to…Christmas decorating for one. I noticed that I have a very small window this year for it since my in-laws are coming between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This plus all of the other normal Christmas craze meant it was time, and it was so fun!

I thought that I would share with you what my husband and I shared over Thanksgiving breakfast. Since we are meant to be thankful whenever we pray, and in all things, I thought that this was a wonderful reminder of what that means.

Psalm 65

Thanksgiving for Earth’s Bounty

1 Praise is due to you,

O God, in Zion;

and to you shall vows be performed,

2 O you who answer prayer!

To you all flesh shall come.

3 When deeds of iniquity overwhelm us,

you forgive our transgressions.

4 Happy are those whom you choose and bring near

to live in your courts.

We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house,

your holy temple.

5 By awesome deeds you answer us with deliverance,

O God of our salvation;

you are the hope of all the ends of the earth

and of the farthest seas.

6 By your strength you established the mountains;

you are girded with might.

7 You silence the roaring of the seas,

the roaring of their waves,

the tumult of the peoples.

8 Those who live at earth’s farthest bounds are awed by your signs;

you make the gateways of the morning and the evening shout for joy.

9 You visit the earth and water it,

you greatly enrich it;

the river of God is full of water;

you provide the people with grain,

for so you have prepared it.

10 You water its furrows abundantly,

settling its ridges,

softening it with showers,

and blessing its growth.

11 You crown the year with your bounty;

your wagon tracks overflow with richness.

12 The pastures of the wilderness overflow,

the hills gird themselves with joy,

13 the meadows clothe themselves with flocks,

the valleys deck themselves with grain,

they shout and sing together for joy.

Did your family start your Thanksgiving in any special ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to share what is on your mind.
-TJK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin