Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Two Weeks I Look Forward To

Last week was that time of the summer, again. My nephew stays with me every summer for a couple of weeks, and every year he is a different kid. I love figuring him out and catching up with no mom and dad. Just he and I.

The problem is that he is growing up.

In fact, a friend told me that I will probably only have him for a couple of more summers, at best. She thinks that he will choose his friends over me at 16. She even said he might choose a girl over me.

That hurt.

I was relieved that he still wanted to take our annual trip to the Science Center. We do the exhibits, the planetarium and the IMAX...every time. I will be totally honest though, this is my favorite part. Erosion.

Cause I see this...

So, I will take whatever time he gives me. I just look forward to this time of the year.

5 comments:

  1. Awww! I am so looking forward to spending that kind of time with Toccoa one day. It amazes me how special nieces and nephews are. I am looking forward to the journey of aunthood :) I hope you have a wonderful time with him!! And I think he will always want to spend time with you because of these visits. You pouring into him...he will remember and want to be filled again and again by his Aunt Tracy....who can only pour certain things into him...just as He made it to be.

    ENJOY! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! You guys will have such a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That brought tears to my eyes. I love my nieces and nephews. They definitely are special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a special time in both your lives.
    I'm sure he will always have a heart for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute... What a special time for both of you! I think you might be surprised - something tells me he loves hanging out with his aunt just as much as you love hanging out with him. I love that you have that relationship with him, Tracy! Hope you guys have had and are still having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to share what is on your mind.
-TJK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin