Well, here it is…Andrea found this cute meme, then my friend Victoria took her lead…I had to join in. It looked so fun. I am a day late, but really, is anyone counting? Here is my effort to get my feet wet after Christmas break.
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
My marriage grew. My husband and I call this, “The Year of the Marriage”.
2. What was the most challenging thing that happened?
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
5. Pick three words to describe 2009.
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009 (again, without asking).
Team. Work. Love.
8. What were the best books you read this year?
Hinds Feet on High Places
Poisonwood Bible (like 15 times)
My Utmost For His Highest (always)
How come you can never think of what you read when someone asks?
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Jesus changed my heart. I have been transformed unlike any other year.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I am more compassionate.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I gave Him what was left. Also, forgiveness became really intentional this year.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
I can clean my house, which I could not do after the surgery last year. That was my happiest physical achievement. I, also, started jogging which has slacked over the holidays. All and all, I am pretty happy.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I still think that this is my weak point. I am somewhat an introvert and I don’t like the phone. I have made a better effort this year, but not the best.
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
This year, I would say that it has been cooking and decorating. We keep remodeling (as impossible as that sounds). I am going to do a before and after post. My house is constantly shifting under our feet. If you don’t visit for a few months, watch out, you might not recognize it.
16. What was your most challenging area of home management?
Bathrooms. How I hate the idea of them!
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Being in the word and in prayer. Any time that I spent with my hubby.
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
Grocery stores are not that bad.
Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. – Mark Twain