Friday, August 14, 2009

Welcoming Weekend

Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God (Romans 15:7, NRSV).

I was finishing off my week in Romans when I ran across this verse. I thought about where I have welcomed people into my life and home, lately. Then I walked past our guest room, which my nephew has called home for a few days.

I am an aunt with lots of boundaries, but as long as he keeps the clutter in his room, it is fair game. After all, he is on vacation…

This is what I saw.

I sort of stumbled when I looked in and saw the untidiness of it all. Then I thought, how do you welcome that?

That was when I realized that I have been welcomed with all of my untidiness, all of my baggage, all of my chaotic moments into a life in Christ. For one reason…God’s glory.

What does God’s glory include? Relationship.

So, I get more in return for the untidiness.

Seems like a fair trade, doesn’t it?

How are you planning to welcome people into relationship this weekend? How about the family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. Thank you for taking the time to share what is on your mind.
-TJK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin